Saturday, October 22, 2011
Box 9
After reading Mama Day, I had personal assumptions based on the region’s of the geography. It was based on the African American culture. The Gullahs, the group of sea islanders had to make the Hilton Head better because of the series of programs a few years ago. Also the rural families had there own belief system where they really believe in them and also have superstitions. When first reading Mama Day, i was very confused at first. However when i have read it a second time, I have appreciated Naylor’s writing because when she writes she shows a lot of creativity. In her writing her descriptions are very detailed it would give you a vivid picture of what is going on. One thing in the language that got me confused is when she used 18&23. I have solved this problem by re- reading it again. The character that stood to me the most was Reema’s boy. Reema’s boy is very involved with the cultural and the ethnography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment